Friday, July 08, 2011

It was a thursday and it was a good day. I got out of the house and got in touch with a new me. (my intention was to lock myself at home at first, but there were unforeseen circumstances) Also, I managed to have a better control of myself; put down my insecurities. What I wanted to say (text) also made me discover how highly skeptical a person I am, and I am determined to erase that part of me.

I do not want to place expectations on people any longer, if it is within my control. Or I will try to control it. I used to think expectations come naturally with love. It does, but it isn't what love really is about, it used to come in a package but now I realise love exists even stronger without expectations. Forcing myself to put down my expectations for someone felt like letting go of (the love I have for a person), and for a moment, it feels like the person is out of your life, but when when you're finally able to come to terms with yourself and your (possible) friendship/relationship with a person, it comes back even stronger when you do not impose your ideals onto another person. Letting go of two important people in my life in the past has turned them into more important people to me later on.

"You are constantly changing". For now I can accept it if anybody can't accept who i am (right now). But I feel we can love a different him/her and still love him/her. That perhaps means the acceptance of all sorts of characters. And maybe that means accepting everybody else as well. Less hatred on earth.

Today, I am comfortable with who I am.
Today, as in, not yesterday.
Hopefully it'll mean tomorrow and forever.

and I don't have to be a 'better' person.
I mean, better doesn't mean anything.

No comments: